- Online only
VERDUZZO FRIULANO ABBOCCATO Stocco
- Region: Friuli Venezia Giulia
- Type: Firm, sweetish, white wine
- Proof: 13/13,5%
- Wine Variety: 100% Verduzzo Friulano
- Place of production, aging, service temperature: It come from vine varieties located in Bicinicco in the territory of Grave on flat soils with gravelly substrate covered with earthy material. Maturation and aging in stainless steel. Service temperature 8/10 degrees.
- Uniqueness: This wine is always elegant and balanced in the sweetish version will never result sickening/filling.
The banquet in honour of Gregory XII
This vine variety is very ancient and strictly linked to the Friulano territory, thus it represents an important part of the history of the ecological production. It is not to be confused with Verduzzo Trevigiano which is totally different and of more common thickness. The most well-known and oldest appearance was during a banquet in honour of Gregory XII, who governed the General Council in Friuli in 1409. In that occasion two different wines were served: Verduzzo of Faedis and Ramandolo of Torlano. Verduzzo (commonly called Verduz) historically it saw a biotype called green Verduzzo, gradually fallen into disuse, and the yellow Verduzzo which, both in the dry version and in the sweetish or sweet one, produces wines of great quality and softness. Verduzzo is the vine variety with which Ramandolo is produced, an important sweet friulano wine, obtained in Ramandolo where the DOCG is produced.
Dinner invitation with… Cheesecake
Perfect for the first dinner invitation at the lady's house you've been courting for a long time, when, while talking, you find out that she is anxious about the menu and you gather, maliciously, that the dessert is a peach cheesecake. You would like to give her the sweetish Verduzzo for an elegant and harmonious dinner ending that makes her feel even better than she is. A good wine, sometimes, is more than words.
Grave del Friuli
The entire region of Friuli, especially in the district of Udine. Rarely it is present in the provinces of Gorizia, Pordenone and Venice. The most suitable area is that of the Ramandolo DOCG and that of the area of Nimis, Tarceto, Faedis and Torlano. That of Stocco is produced in the region of Grave del Friuli in the territory of Binicicco.